If you’re looking to stay warm AND have fun this winter in Northeast Lincoln, it doesn’t get much better than the Lancaster County Event Center.
In short, here is a list of events they are currently offering:
- Star City Holiday Clash: Dec 13, 2015
- AGR Winter Preview Cattle Show: Dec 19, 2015
- Nebraska Kart Shootout: Jan 1-2, 2016
- Cabin Fever Antique Show: Jan 9-10, 2016
- Nebraska Team Roping: Jan 9-10, 2016
You can view details of each event on The Lancaster County Event Center Website.
If there’s anything to warm you up after a cold day out on the down, it’s pizza. Try the Pizza Ranch, also in Northeast Lincoln. They regularly offer free kid’s buffets once a week (contact your restaurant for details), and they also have specials and coupons to keep those fun family nights in budget.
And while cold ice cream might not sound like the remedy for a winter’s evening, ice cream is always the best remedy. Located on UNL East Campus, The UNL Dairy Store offers ice cream and so much more. Specialty made ice cream, cheese, coffee, even lunch and catering. It’s a local favorite and for good reason. You can schedule a tour or visit during their normal business hours:
Mon-Fri: 8am – 9pm
Sat/Sun: 10am – 9pm
If museums are your passion, have no fear, you can stay warm in one of these North Lincoln locations:
- The Lester F. Larsen Tractor Test & Power Museum is sure to please the inner historian (and farmer wannabe in all of us.) Also located on UNL East Campus, it’s the perfect way to burn off all of those ice cream calories while you wander the historic farm equipment displays.
- Lastly, let’s not forget The Museum of American Speed. What warms a person up quite like speed? During the winter they are open every Friday from noon until 4:30. They feature automobilia, toys and models, and so much more!